24 hours classroom based learning
Entry level on PHEM framework
Onsite or Open Courses
Discount on multiple bookings
Who is this for?
The QNUK Level 3 Award for First Responders is aimed at those that require a more advanced level of first aid knowledge. Typical learners include security operatives, construction and industrial first aiders looking to add to the standard first aid qualification.
This course is also a good as an entry level into the world of Pre Hospital treatment.
We can deliver this course at your venue at a time to suit you. Fill in the details below and we’ll contact you to discuss.
Qualifications Network UK
This course is regulated by QNUK, one of the most recognised Awarding Bodies within the first aid sector. By undertaking regulated training, this removes the need for employers to complete due diligence on the course. For more details check out our blog about regulated vs non regulated
Learners will be taught the following:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a first responder
- Understand the principles of scene management
- Know how to minimise the risk to oneself due to poor manual handling techniques
- Be able to undertake basic casualty assessment and monitoring
- Be able to assess and manage a casualty who is unresponsive (Defibrillators, CPR, Recovery Position, Secondary Survey)
- Be able to support a casualty with suitable airway management techniques (neutral alignment, jaw thrust, OPA’s & NPA’s and suction)
- Be able to recognise and manage a casualty with a minor injury (minor bleeds, burns and eye injuries)
- Be able to manage a casualty who has a catastrophic bleed (recognition and use of a manufactured tournequet)
- Know how to recognise a casulaty who is in shock
- Know how to recognise and treat a casualty with common trauma related injuries (head, neck and spinal injuries)
- Be able to manage a casualty with suspected fractures, chest injuries and soft tissue injuries
- How to recognise and manage a casualty with a range of medical emergencies (asthma, anaphylaxis, heart attack, stroke, seizures, diabetes, poisons and sepsis)
- Recognise and treat a casualty suffering the effects of heat and cold
- Demonstrate how to perform Basic Life Support on a child and baby (Defibrillator, CPR, recovery position and choking)
This qualification requires learners to be able to complete 100% of the practical activities which include:
- Scene safety management
- Respiratory assessment
- Primary Survey
- Head to toe survey
- Recovery position
- Bleeding inc tournequets
- Airway management (Jaw thrust, postural, suction and adjuncts)
- Spinal injuries
- FAST test
- Auto adrenaline injectors
- Paediatric casulaty – CPR, recovery position and choking
As well as the practical elements, learners will need to achieve a mark of 70% or more in an examination taken at the end of the course. This is a multiple choice exam of 60 questions of which a minimum of 42 must be answered correctly.
On completion of both practical and theory elements, a certificate is issued which is valid for 3 years.
In October 2013, the way in which first aid courses were approved changed. This means that employers are now legally responsible for completing due diligence on any training provider they use.
There are two routes to doing this:
- Regulated Training Choosing a training provider who offers Ofqual certification on their courses. The HSE state that you do not need to go through their checklist as the training provider offers Ofqual regulated qualifications and thus the training provider has already completed the due diligence for you.
- Non Regulated Training
It is the legal responsibility of the employer to carry out due diligence on the training company, the trainer and the course. Click here to see the HSE’s checklist
If you have a group of learners who need training in this qualification, our best prices come from us being able to come to your venue.
We will work with you to ensure that your venue is suitable for training and your learners will receive the same great training as if they were attending one of our open courses.
Plus it gives you greater control over training dates and we can accomodate your training whenever you require it. Weekends, evenings and normal working week training available.
Complete our quick quote for an instant price