First Aid at Work Requalification
12 hours classroom based learning
HSE Compliant training course
Onsite or Open Courses
Discount on multiple bookings
Who is this for?
This qualification is for those undertaking the role of a first aider in the workplace. The QNUK Level 3 Award in First aid at Work (RQF) has been developed in conjunction with other AOs and supports employers to meet their requirements under the Health and Safety (First Aid) regulations 1981. (NI 1982).
Learners on this course will need to have an in-date 3 day First Aid at Work qualification. This needs to have been issued by either an awarding body or by a voluntary sector training company. If you are unsure if your certificate is accepted please send a copy of your certificate to us and we will be able to advise. Please note we are unable to accept a non-regulated or non voluntary sector certificate.
Huish Park, Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 8YF
Huish Park, Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 8YF
We can deliver this course at your venue at a time to suit you. Fill in the details below and we’ll contact you to discuss.
Qualifications Network UK
This course is regulated by QNUK, one of the most recognised Awarding Bodies within the first aid sector. By undertaking regulated training, this removes the need for employers to complete due diligence on the course. For more details check out our blog about regulated vs non regulated
Learners will be taught the following:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to an unconscious casulaty (CPR, defibrillation, recovery position and seizures)
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries (small cuts, grazes, bruises and small splinters)
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey (including head to toe survey)
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis (Epipen, Jext and Emerade)
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness (Heart attack, stroke, epileptic seizure, asthma and diabetic emergency)
This qualification requires learners to be able to complete 100% of the practical activities which include:
- Primary Survey
- Recovery position
- Secondary Survey
- Spinal injury
- Auto adrenaline injector (Epi-pen, Jext and Emerade)
As well as the practical elements, learners will need to achieve a mark of 70% or more in an examination taken at the end of the course. This is a multiple choice exam of 40 questions of which a minimum of 28 must be answered correctly.
On completion of both practical and theory elements, a certificate is issued which is valid for 3 years.
In October 2013, the way in which first aid courses were approved changed. This means that employers are now legally responsible for completing due diligence on any training provider they use.
There are two routes to doing this:
- Regulated Training Choosing a training provider who offers Ofqual certification on their courses. The HSE state that you do not need to go through their checklist as the training provider offers Ofqual regulated qualifications and thus the training provider has already completed the due diligence for you.
- Non Regulated Training
It is the legal responsibility of the employer to carry out due diligence on the training company, the trainer and the course. Click here to see the HSE’s checklist
If you have a group of learners who need training in this qualification, our best prices come from us being able to come to your venue.
We will work with you to ensure that your venue is suitable for training and your learners will receive the same great training as if they were attending one of our open courses.
Plus it gives you greater control over training dates and we can accomodate your training whenever you require it. Weekends, evenings and normal working week training available.
Complete our quick quote for an instant price