Emergency Paediatric First Aid
6 hours classroom based learning
EYFS and Ofsted Compliant
Onsite or Open Courses
Discount on multiple bookings
Who is this for?
This qualification is aimed at those working in an early years setting who require a first aid qualification for emergency paediatric first aid.
The QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First aid (RQF) meets the requirements for those working in an early years setting, however, the setting should ensure that they also have suitable numbers of staff with a ‘2 day’ qualification such as the QNUK Level 3 Award in Paediatric First aid (RQF)
Emergency First Aid at Work Sold Out
Huish Park, Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 8YF
Milford Community Hall, Milford Park, Yeovil, Somerset, BA21 4QD
We can deliver this course at your venue at a time to suit you. Fill in the details below and we’ll contact you to discuss.
Qualifications Network UK
This course is regulated by QNUK, one of the most recognised Awarding Bodies within the first aid sector. By undertaking regulated training, this removes the need for employers to complete due diligence on the course. For more details check out our blog about regulated vs non regulated
Learners will be taught the following:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid to an child or infant who is unresponsive (CPR, defibrillator and recovery position)
- Be able to provide first aid to an child or infant who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to a child or infant with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a child or infant who is suffering from shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a child or infant with bites, stings and minor injuries (bumps, bruises, nosebleeds)
This qualification requires learners to be able to complete 100% of the practical activities which include:
- Primary Survey
- CPR on child and infant
- Recovery position of child and infant
- Defibrillation of a child and infant
As well as the practical elements, learners will need to achieve a mark of 70% or more in an examination taken at the end of the course. This is a multiple choice exam of 15 questions of which a minimum of 11 must be answered correctly.
On completion of both practical and theory elements, a certificate is issued which is valid for 3 years.
In October 2013, the way in which first aid courses were approved changed. This means that employers are now legally responsible for completing due diligence on any training provider they use.
There are two routes to doing this:
- Regulated Training Choosing a training provider who offers Ofqual certification on their courses. The HSE state that you do not need to go through their checklist as the training provider offers Ofqual regulated qualifications and thus the training provider has already completed the due diligence for you.
- Non Regulated Training
It is the legal responsibility of the employer to carry out due diligence on the training company, the trainer and the course. Click here to see the HSE’s checklist
If you have a group of learners who need training in this qualification, our best prices come from us being able to come to your venue.
We will work with you to ensure that your venue is suitable for training and your learners will receive the same great training as if they were attending one of our open courses.
Plus it gives you greater control over training dates and we can accomodate your training whenever you require it. Weekends, evenings and normal working week training available.
Complete our quick quote for an instant price