Activity First Aid
12 hours classroom based learning
HSE Compliant training course
Onsite courses at your venue
Discount on multiple bookings
Who is this for?
This qualification is aimed those looking to undertake the role of a first aider in sports activities. The
qualification also meets the requirements for a workplace emergency first aider as outlined in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982.
First Aid at Work Sold Out Ongoing
Huish Park, Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 8YF
Huish Park, Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 8YF
We can deliver this course at your venue at a time to suit you. Fill in the details below and we’ll contact you to discuss.
Qualifications Network UK
This course is regulated by QNUK, one of the most recognised Awarding Bodies within the first aid sector. By undertaking regulated training, this removes the need for employers to complete due diligence on the course. For more details check out our blog about regulated vs non regulated
Learners will be taught the following:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to provide first aid to an unconscious casulaty (CPR, defibrillation, recovery position and seizures)
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries (small cuts, grazes, bruises and small splinters)
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey (including head to toe survey)
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with bites and stings
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis (Epipen, Jext and Emerade)
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness (Heart attack, stroke, epileptic seizure, asthma and diabetic emergency)
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty suffering from the effects of heat and cold (shivering, hypothermia, dehydration, heat exhaustion and hyperthermia)
This qualification requires learners to be able to complete 100% of the practical activities which include:
- Primary Survey
- Recovery position
- Secondary survey
- Spinal injury
- Auto adrenaline injector (Epi-pen, Jext and Emerade)
As well as the practical elements, learners will need to achieve a mark of 70% or more in an examination taken at the end of the course. This is a multiple choice exam of 40 questions of which a minimum of 28 must be answered correctly.
On completion of both practical and theory elements, a certificate is issued which is valid for 3 years.
In October 2013, the way in which first aid courses were approved changed. This means that employers are now legally responsible for completing due diligence on any training provider they use.
There are two routes to doing this:
- Regulated Training Choosing a training provider who offers Ofqual certification on their courses. The HSE state that you do not need to go through their checklist as the training provider offers Ofqual regulated qualifications and thus the training provider has already completed the due diligence for you.
- Non Regulated Training
It is the legal responsibility of the employer to carry out due diligence on the training company, the trainer and the course. Click here to see the HSE’s checklist
If you have a group of learners who need training in this qualification, our best prices come from us being able to come to your venue.
We will work with you to ensure that your venue is suitable for training and your learners will receive the same great training as if they were attending one of our open courses.
Plus it gives you greater control over training dates and we can accomodate your training whenever you require it. Weekends, evenings and normal working week training available.
Complete our quick quote for an instant price